Evolved Metrics for the New Age of Research: Digital ScienceWebinar
presentationposted on 2016-10-18, 20:35 authored by Digital ScienceDigital Science, Altmetric EngineeringAltmetric Engineering, National Institutes of Health
In this webinar you’ll hear about:
- How research evaluation and measurement are paramount to the scientific research community.
- New attempts to assess research impact – looking beyond the impact factor.
- The NIH’s new metric to evaluate funded medical and academic research – the Relative Citation Ratio (RCR).
- Computational complexity and computability
- Applied computing not elsewhere classified
- Bioinformatics and computational biology not elsewhere classified
- Applications in life sciences
- Software engineering not elsewhere classified
- Information modelling, management and ontologies
- Data structures and algorithms
- Database systems
- Decision support and group support systems
- Distributed systems and algorithms
- Information systems not elsewhere classified